2009 is just around the corner so what better time to start thinking about where you want your career to take you in the New Year. Taking the time to put some goals in writing can really give you direction and help keep you focused.
These questions should help get you started….
1. Where do you see your makeup career in the long-term?
2. What creative goals do you want to achieve over the next year?
3. What financial goals do you want to achieve over the next year? (Yearly/ Monthly/Weekly)
4. What will you experiment with in the coming year?
- What technical steps do you need to take in order to achieve your goals? This could be improving on or learning a new skill.
- What steps do you need to take on the creative front to achieve your goals?
- What changes do you need to make in your daily life (e.g. interaction with friends, family, p/t job) to make your career work?
- What marketing steps do you need to achieve your goals?
Set some time aside to regularly review your plan and check your progress.
Leave a comment and share a goal you set for 2009!
Read Devon Ellington's piece on Business Plans here which helped me put together the questions and points for this post…. http://www.aboutfreelancewriting.com/articles/business/writereality.htm
Further reading on writing informal business plans…