Tuesday 17 February 2009

Behind The Scenes with Bobbi Brown at New York Fashion Week Fall 2009

I was going to do a New York Fashion Week post giving a round up of the shows and trends at the end of the week but I couldn't help squeeze in a fashion week related post when I came across this Bobbi Brown video on YouTube.

I always find watching other artists at work really inspiring and I think you can learn a lot from watching the pros even if it is via YouTube.


Bobbi Brown released this video last night on her YouTube channel which I thought you all might find interesting as it gives a behind the scenes look at what goes on during the run up to keying a show.

I think this video gives a great insight into the role of a key makeup artist from the initial makeup test with designer Rachel Roy, through to the fashion show experience. It was great to see Bobbi Brown break out cult pro product, the Flash Palette by Make Up For Ever, which is proof that not even artists with their own line use only one brand in their kits. I was also interested to see that Bobbi had one of her artists fill out her face chart...if only I could find someone to do mine, I suck at face charts!

Let me know if you enjoy the video and tell me what you think by leaving a comment below.

Related Posts
The Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual

3 comments:

  1. OMG someone else does Bobbi Brown's face charts. It gives me hope that maybe one day I can key something. I literally feel like my ability to do an adequate face chart will somehow hold me back lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol and OMG to her totally showing the MUFE flash pallette for the lips. I recognize that palette anywhere. oooooh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing how other artists work. I watched a few of her other vids and she works with her hands a lot. Lots and patting and smoothing.

    And yes...the flash palette will soon be mine! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete