Friday 6 February 2009

When Inspiration Strikes: Gucci S/S 09

Inspiration is everywhere. That’s a fact. But who or what caught my eye this week….

I am sooooo in love with the jewel tones seen in the new Gucci ad campaign, shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.


Every time I open a magazine I swoon over the bold use of colour on the eyes and am drawn to the rich, vibrant purples that make the Gucci campaign stand out to me. I am itching to introduce some colour into my work now and can definitely hear my Yaby Pearl Paints calling to me!

Eyes smoldered in jewel tones on the Gucci S/S09 runway too as Pat McGrath injected the same intensity of colour into the show that we are now seeing in the ad campaign. Using a vivid turquoise shade on the eyes she took inspiration from the beautiful aqua accent colour used in the collection. View the full Gucci S/S 09 show here.

Victoria Kirby interviews Pat McGrath and Luigi Murenu who talk through the hair and makeup choices for the show below. Its a great peek behind the scenes with Allure so enjoy!




What has inspired you this week...are the new trends for spring exciting you yet? Let me know what you think of the Gucci campaign and leave a comment.

Related Posts
How To Do A Smokey Eye
Pat McGrath Interview With ELLE Magazine
When Inspiration Strikes: Joshua Petker

Picture Source: Gucci.com

No comments:

Post a Comment