Sunday 11 January 2009

When Inspiration Strikes: Joshua Petker

Inspiration is everywhere. That’s a fact. But who or what caught my eye this week….

Inspiration struck earlier this week when I came across a post on The Coveted featuring the work of LA based artist Joshua Petker.


Although his work has a dark, melancholy quality to it I was drawn to his bold use of colour and the strokes he used in the paintings. Since stumbling across Joshua's work I have felt compelled to snap out of my squeaky-clean commercial beauty bubble and start experimenting with colour and texture!

What do you feel when you look at this painting. Does it inspire you? Let me know if it rocks your world too and leave a comment!

Further Reading

Manuel Bello interview for fecalface.com

Joshua Petker

Picture Source: joshuapetker.com

This is the first in a series of weekly posts where I will share with you something that inspires me.


Follow my blog with bloglovin´

1 comment: