Wednesday 7 January 2009

Little Black Book: Muji



Who: Muji

What: Simple design and function led travel essentials, stationary, products for the home and storage.

Where: UK, Europe, Asia, North America and Online at Muji.com

Why: I have always liked Muji for the simple minimalist design of their products and have been buying sketch books and pens there for years. So why am I writing about the Japanese equivalent to Habitat or Ikea on my beauty blog? Because they sell the best products I have found for down sizing my kit!

I am yet to find another store that sells not only clear travel size 100ml flip top bottles and sprays but pump bottles which are perfect for filling with your body lotions, and skin care products. They also do pots including those that screw together to create a stack which are perfect for storing lashes.

These bottles and pots feel sturdy, durable and are pretty resilient considering what my kit goes through when I travel on the Tube. I am sure it is possible to find something similar cheaper elsewhere (prices start just under £1) but in my opinion they are worth every penny for the quality and good design.


What do Muji say?....
NO BRAND QUALITY GOODS
The Company’s basic principle is to develop new simple
products at reasonable prices by making the best use of materials while considering environmental issues. Through the careful selection of materials, streamlining manufacturing processes and simplifying our packaging, we have continually introduced high quality Muji brand products onto the market, at lower than usual prices. Presently there are more than 5,000 Muji products sold in Japan. Muji's natural and simple design complements today’s lifestyles perfectly.

Find out more here.

If you have any travel size finds post them in the comments box and share with me and the other readers...

2 comments:

  1. just a question. when you say you put your lashes in the stackable containers do you mean that you buy the lashes and then take them off of the plastic thing and put one set in each container?

    let me know, cause that sounds like a great idea. all those big bulky lash packages take up so much room it would be a great thing to find out a way to downsize and still keep them protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it! You can screw as many pots as you want together if you have alot of lashes and you are right it is so much eaiser than carrying around all the packaging they come in. Here is a little pic I snapped with my phone so you get the idea....
    http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj50/avmcollins/?action=view&current=IMG00012.jpg

    ReplyDelete